How to Present Meaningful Information to Your District’s School Board
The purpose of this activity is to enable the learner to advocate for the needs of students and their professional role by offering meaningful data and information to key school district stakeholders, school board members. This webinar will share results of an informational, non-research survey of WISCONSIN school board members.
After completing this activity, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the role and priorities of school boards.
- Describe the student health issues that were identified as priorities by National school board members.
- Identify strategies to provide a meaningful presentation to the school board.
- Formulate ideas regarding the data that should be collected to demonstrate the student health needs in their school district.
- Determine if the school health data they collect can assist in informing the research priorities of their professional organization.
Seminar participants will receive a free PowerPoint template that can be used to develop their school board presentation. Template provides suggestions on data to share and how to frame in a way that is meaningful to school board members.
This presentation is approved for 1.5 hours of continuing nursing education activity by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- To view the archived webinar, click on the shopping cart to go to the School Health Associates Store hosted by Square.
- The website for the archived webinar is password protected.
- Once you have completed the payment you will receive an email with the website link and password.
Preview the School Board webinar